2012年1月4日星期三

Photographer can spend a day to capture the moment

This area artist captures unique moments of life and preserves them for the future within a frame.

Originally from Michigan, photographer Diane Bush moved to Arizona four years ago. Taking photography classes as a child, she learned the craft at first from her 4-H club.

She is artist of the month for the Casa Grande Valley Fine Art Association.

As she got older, she took more classes but her interests turned to oil painting in the 1970s. Eventually she began selling her paintings from a home studio. Painting is one of her passions.

“I absolutely love it,” Bush said. “I lose everything else that’s going on in the world when I paint.”

In the late ’80s, her love for photography was renewed and she took up that craft again, putting painting on hold. In 1999, Bush began to get serious about her work as a photographer and has done it professionally since then.

And, like her painting: “I also lose myself in photography,” she said. “I can be out most of the day trying to capture the one perfect angle that will embody the spirit of what I’m trying to capture. I like to say that I capture one moment in time that will never be the same again. There will never be a photo exactly like another. Every single moment is always completely unique.”

In addition to her painting and photography, Bush is also an avid writer who enjoys creating poetry. She said her photos and words are the two things that will last forever, that she can leave behind.

Her subjects vary based on her moods. Her work consists of everything from portraits and landscapes to textures.

This artist’s work is spontaneous and genuine.

“You just never know what moment will inspire you when you’re out. Sometimes my husband and I will be driving and I’ll make him stop the car so I can get out and take a picture of something that struck me,” Bush said.

Her work has been published and featured in several galleries and art shows. Also, her work has won several awards.

Despite her success with a camera, she has recently turned her attention back to oil painting. Joined by a new friend, Barb Bradley, the pair decided to paint together and sell their work. Bradley is a newcomer to the art world, but Bush is happy to lend her expertise.

Knowing her way around a canvas, Bush uses her photos to paint from.

“I like being able to see the exact picture I want and paint it. If I’m painting outside, the elements are too unpredictable and when I’m using a photo, I already have the exact image I’m looking for,” Bush said.

She also plans to make jewelry in the future. Having many of the materials, she has already done some necklaces and earrings but wants to take a bracelet-making course.

Although there are many media that capture her attention, her first love will always be photography, she said.

“It’s something that makes my life happy,” Bush said. “It cheers me up. And when people say my work is beautiful and tell me how much they appreciate it, it just makes my day. If someone said I couldn’t take another picture, I’d be devastated because it is just such a big part of my life. I love it with all my heart.”

没有评论:

发表评论